Date(s) - 09/22/2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
September’s Great Start Collaborative Meeting
Bi-Monthly Meeting of the Great Start Community.
The Genesee County Great Start Collaborative is a coalition of community agencies, business partners, faith partners, schools, health care providers, parents, and individuals working together to improve programs and services for families with children prenatal to third grade. The collaborative pledges to be family guided; community based; nonpartisan; use evidence based strategies with measurable results; and to be accountable to the community.
Great Start Genesee wants to connect Flint and Genesee County families with resources. At this time the Genesee Intermediate School District has a page dedicated to water resources.
The Genesee Great Start Collaborative has identified the following priority areas for work group focus:
- Improved quality and access to high quality early care and education for children birth – five in Genesee County.
- A treatment court model for infants and parents facing termination of parental rights.
- A medical home for children to improve access to well baby care, preventable illness, immunizations, developmental screenings, and treatment for minor illness.
- Improved access by parents, grandparents and others caring for children to parent education programs and resources.
- Improved understanding of the effect of mental health and self regulation of parents and children on the development and success of children.